Vision Australia are running research to help the Department of Education and Training (DET) with redeveloping and enhancing its public facing website, particularly sections on the education and support of students with disabilities and additional needs.
Vision Australia are seeking input from the following categories:
- Parents who have a child who is profoundly deaf or hard of hearing, that may fit into any of the below categories:
- from a regional area
- with kindergarten aged child
- with primary school aged child
- with secondary school aged child
- who is culturally and linguistically diverse or has English as a second language
- High school students that are 14 years or older with profound deafness, or are hard of hearing. Young students can have their parents attend if they like.
There will be two sessions that will take place on separate days. The focus group will last approximately 2 hours and the user testing session will last 1 hour. As a way of appreciation participants are compensated $150 for their time for the focus group and $100 for their time for the usability session.
For parents, the focus group will be conducted on the 27th June from 10am to 12noon. User testing sessions will be conducted from the 4th to the 6th of July. You are able to nominate your preferred times.
For students, the focus group is planned for the 28th June from 4pm to 6pm. User testing sessions will be conducted from the 4th to the 6th of July. You are able to nominate your preferred times.
Both events will be held at Vision Australia’s Kooyong office: 454 Glenferrie Road, Kooyong VIC 3144.
If you are interested in taking part in focus groups, please get in touch with Deb on 02 9334 3456, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.