The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) has released “My Access Checker”.
My Access Checker is a tool with a series of questions to help a person with a permanent and significant disability or their representative understand whether they may be able to access assistance from the NDIS. This process is anonymous.
It could take between 10 and 20 minutes to complete.
• Check you are in one of the launch areas
• Check you are the right age for the launch area you are in
• Ask where you live, but keeps you anonymous by discarding some of your address details
• Check that you are a resident entitled to support from the NDIS
• Check you have a disability and whether it will last for the rest of your life
• Ask you about how much support you think you need when doing certain daily tasks
Only people living in the launch regions will be able to access the scheme at this stage.
Click to go to their website for more.