DCA is currently seeking Family Support Workers, with full time and part time position available. Please see the full listing below.
Family Support Worker
· Case Management/support coordinator Position
· Full-time position and part time position available
· October 2017- 30th of June 2018, with the possibility of an ongoing position depending on funding.
· St Kilda Road location.
Successful non for profit organisation requires support from a skilled individual to provide case management and other support to deaf and hard of hearing children, young people and families in Victoria.
Deaf Children Australia is a national organisation whose purpose is to remove barriers to the personal development and social inclusion faced by children and young people who are deaf or hard of hearing. Deaf Children Australia provides a range of support services, information, and community development programs.
0.30 (Looking for skilled worker to support deaf and hard of hearing children and youth in Victoria)
We are seeking two Family Support Workers/Case Managers (one full-time and one part-time) to provide individualised casework and coordination for deaf and hard of hearing children, young people and their families. The role is within a small case management team.
The role is supported and supervised by the Victorian Community Services Team Coordinator, and works collaboratively with other Deaf Children Australia services, team members and other community services to achieve positive outcomes for clients..
Successful applicants must have proven and effective experience in working with children, young people and families. It is desirable that applicants have:
· strong communication and interpersonal skills
· strong organisational skills
· experience in providing person-centered case management in a community services / social work context
· have an understanding of the issues experienced by deaf and hard of hearing children young people and their families
· Strong understanding and experience in the deaf sector and deaf community and culture, will be highly regarded
· Auslan skills, or the willingness to develop them, would be highly regarded
This is a great opportunity to become involved with an organisation that is dedicated to driving better opportunities for all deaf or hard of hearing children, young people and their families.
Deaf Children Australia has a no tolerance policy to the abuse of children and young people.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Pay and conditions as per the SCHADS Award, Level 5 and Deaf Children Australia pays above award rates for this role and provides 9.5 % superannuation.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Emma Gale at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone or sms 0430 385 267 for further information. To view the full Position Description, please click here.
Applications close 5 pm on Tuesday the 26th of September 2017. Please view the Auslan clip below.
Deaf Children Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer