Youth Support Workers
Do you want to work for an organisation that really cares about changing young people’s lives, achieving positive outcomes and working with clients to reach their full potential?
- Supporting and mentoring deaf and hard of hearing young people at different stages of life
- Removing barriers and enhancing skills and opportunities
- Do you want to be a role model and mentor deaf and hard of hearing young people?
- Casual roles available in both Geelong and Melbourne Metro,
We need Youth Support Workers in Geelong and Melbourne Metropolitan region to join our progressive and passionate team.
Our goals are to work with deaf and hard of hearing children and young people to:
- Experience increased self-esteem and positive relationships and connections within the community;
- Participation in their community;
- Age appropriate educational, social and emotional development
In addition to this is supporting young people so they have the knowledge, skills and confidence to achieve their own wellbeing and feel safe and supported in their family, school and community.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Qualifications in youth work, Social Science or equivalent skills and experience
- Good communication skills, including capacity to advocate on behalf of young people
- Experience in group work
- Organisational skills, in particular managing individual client needs
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of hearing loss, particularly in relation to young people
- Confident and able to maintain purposeful and positive relationships with young people
- Flexibility in working hours
- Auslan skills, and a knowledge of Deaf community and culture
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence
- A current Working with Children check and Police check
These are exciting opportunities for driven and enthusiastic individuals to join an organisation with a team who really cares and has a genuine interest our clients.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply by Mon 10th July 2017, addressing the key selection criteria listed and send it with your resume to email@example.com
DCA actively encourages Deaf and hard of hearing people to apply.
View the Auslan statement below.