Do you want to work for an organisation that really cares about changing young people’s lives, achieving positive outcomes and working with clients to reach their full potential? Then this may be the perfect role for you.
- New and exciting opportunity where you can make a positive impact
- Ground Breaking 2 year project – Funded by the NDIS Information Linkages and Capacity Building program
- 3 days per week
The Youth Network and Services Coordinator will facilitate the development of peer support networks for deaf and hard of hearing (HOH) children and their families in QLD, Vic and NT, providing online resources relevant to their needs, supporting informed decision making and building on the capacity of stakeholders to actively engage with and participate in their communities.
The role supervises the Youth Support team ensuring effective outcomes in working with deaf/HOH youth, providing support services to assist them to have the opportunity to achieve positive life outcomes and reach their full potential.
Key responsibilities include:
- Enhancing the National Information Services and Helpline
- Promoting and acting as a central contact point for youth service clients and coordination.
- Increasing youth engagement through DCA’s website, online networks and social media
- Development of new and existing information resources in English and Auslan
- Promotion of networks and platforms expanding the reach of grassroots networks with young people
- Establishment of Reference Groups
- Development and coordination of the Victorian Peer Mentor program, “Life Stories”
- Undertake regular project review
The ideal candidate must have:
- Qualifications in Communications, Community Development or Social Work or equivalent skills and experience
- Strong project management experience
- Solid online marketing and communications
- Effective communication skills, demonstrated relationship management and stakeholder engagement
- Writing and editing skills gained through writing publications, newsletters and online content
- Experience in monitoring and review of web traffic and social media platforms
- Demonstrated experience in conducting formal surveys, reporting on qualitative and quantitative data
- Solid case management skills and experience, with a proven knowledge of a range of theories and practice modalities applicable to youth and their families
- Supervisory experience, coupled with a collaborative approach, ensuring team objectives are met.
- Auslan skills, and a knowledge of Deaf community and culture
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence
- A current Working with Children check and Police check
This is a rewarding opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our organisation with a team who really cares and has a genuine interest in our clients.
If this sounds like you, please apply, addressing the key selection criteria listed and send it with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Russell Flynn if you have any questions on 0449 954 678.
Applications close 01/10/2018. DCA actively encourages Deaf and hard of hearing young people to apply.
View the Auslan video below.