Deaf Children Australia is currently seeking a Coordinator – Parent and Mentor Support to join the Queensland team. Please see the position description below.
Deaf Children Australia is a national organisation whose purpose is to remove barriers to the personal development and social inclusion faced by children and young people who are deaf or hard of hearing. Deaf Children Australia provides a range of information, services and programs.
We are seeking a network coordinator with a strong background/interest in supporting families and providing support and supervision to Parent Mentors and Deaf Role Models.
This is a Queensland based role with the capacity to nurture our national approach to supporting families through family peer support groups (POD Groups). Reports to National Manager, Client Services and works collaboratively with a state wide network of parent supporters and deaf / hard of hearing role models.
The coordinator will be responsible for:
- Supervision, support and nurturing of mentors’ development
- Matching mentors with families
- Providing a single point of contact for POD Groups nationally
- Developing and maintaining the parent contact register and database for parents nationally
- Supporting and rewarding volunteers for their contribution
- Ensuring all HR records are completed, including induction and background checks, mentor time sheets for payroll
- Liaising with families, mentors, community members and other stakeholders
- Completing reports for funding bodies
Successful applicants must have proven and effective experience in working with families and managing staff or volunteers. It is desirable that applicants have:
- an operational understanding of HR compliance
- strong communication and interpersonal skills
- strong organisational skills
- experience in providing professional supervision in a community services / social work context
- Strong understanding and experience in the deaf sector and deaf community and culture, will be highly regarded.
This is a great opportunity to become involved with an organisation that is dedicated to driving better opportunities for all deaf or hard of hearing children and their families.
Deaf Children Australia has a no tolerance policy to the abuse of children and young people.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a Police Check and Working with Children Check (known in Qld as a Blue Card). Pay and conditions as per the SCHADS Award, Level 5 and Deaf Children Australia pays above award rates for this role and provides 9.5 % superannuation.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Russell Flynn at email@example.com or telephone 0449 954 678 for further information. Please reference Job No. CD01. Applications close 5 pm on Monday 18 July 2016. View the position description here.