Deaf Children Australia is currently recruiting for a part time Business and Finance Manager. Please download the Position Description to learn more about the role. Applications close 6pm, Tuesday 21 August 2018.
Part-Time Business and Finance Manager
- Part time – 5 days – School Hours (10 – 3pm negotiable)
- Attractive remuneration package and collaborative work environment
- Opportunity to be innovative and make this role your own
- Immediate start available if desired
- 12 Month contract with the potential for permanency
- St Kilda road location, close to public transport
Deaf Children Australia is seeking a part-time Business and Finance Manager on an ongoing basis to support the CEO in the management of finance, business management and HR.
Deaf Children Australia (DCA) is a national organisation specialising in providing information to, and delivering services for children and young people who are deaf or hard of hearing together and their families.
The purpose of the Business and Finance Manager position is to support the CEO
This role entails a wide range of Financial and Business Management responsibilities, including;
- Managing the budget and financial reporting requirements
- Managing HR
- Managing the annual audit process
- Manage a small team of accountants and business support staff including IT Manager
- Assist the CEO in reporting on the budget and financial matters to the Audit, Finance and Risk Committee and the Deaf Children Australia Board
Essential for this position is experience managing the finances of an organisation and an understanding of setting a budget and reporting to a Board. You will have high-level stakeholder management and influencing skills. In addition, you will have a strong working knowledge of HR practices. You will also be skilled in the development of Board papers and Board reporting. Experience in a not-for-profit/services sector an advantage. An understanding of the NDIS and Auslan skills are desirable.
This is an exciting opportunity to become involved with an organisation that is dedicated to driving better opportunities for all deaf or hard of hearing children.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a Police Check., WWCC and Disability Exclusion Scheme Registration as DCA is a Child safe Organisation.
Please send your Cover letter and Resume to Roz Keenan at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 03 9539 5300 for further information. Applications close by 6pm, Tuesday 21 August 2018
Deaf Children Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.