Crossing Borders Camp 2018 is seeking Camp Leaders to support young camp attendees and make the week an amazing success! See the flyer/application form here.
As a camp leader, your role is to support the Camp Director with coordination and implementation of the camp program. The 2018 Crossing Borders Youth Camp supports deaf/hard of hearing young aged 14-17 years to develop their self-esteem, personal and leadership skills as well as enhance their friendship networks. At the camp, participants will be involved with team work building workshops, outdoor adventure activities and environmental education exercises. The overall camp program will be entertaining, caring, challenging and at times sporty over the week. The Deaf Society is seeking camp leaders with diverse personalities, skills and interests. Join us for what could be the most challenging, and most rewarding week of your life!
As a camp leader, you must be:
– available 24/7 during the camp
– have a positive rapport with young people and flexible attitude
– willing to mentor and look after the campers in your assigned cabin
– participate in most of activities – possibility interactive group activities, low ropes initiatives, bike riding, canoeing
– willing to perform night duty
– willing to oversee kitchen duty, night recreation activities, sports activities
– willing to contribute to a positive camp culture
– have a Working With Children’s Check
If your application is successful, you will be required to attend an introductory/leadership training workshop from Friday evening of 24th until Sunday 26th November at the Deaf Society, 4/69 Phillip Street, Parramatta. Over this weekend, you will learn more about camp and your duties as a leader.
If you are selected, your travel costs and camp fees will be covered.
The application deadline has been extended to Friday 17 November for Victorians so get in quick! To apply, fill out the application form or record your responses in Auslan. Please return the form and any relevant information required to:
The Deaf Society
Level 4, 69 Phillip Street
PARRAMATTA NSW 2150
Scan and email:
For additional information or any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com or SMS: 0405 749 488.