Youth Support Workers
Do you want to work for an organisation that really cares about changing young people’s lives, achieving positive outcomes and working with clients to reach their full potential?
If you want to be a role model and mentor deaf and hard of hearing young people, this may be the perfect role for you.
- Supporting and mentoring deaf and hard of hearing young people at different stages of life
- Removing barriers and enhancing skills and opportunities
We need Youth Support Workers in the Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne Metro and Geelong areas, to join our progressive and passionate team.
Our goals are to work with deaf and hard of hearing children and young people to:
- Experience increased self-esteem and positive relationships and connections within the community
- Participate in their community
- Access age appropriate educational, social and emotional development
In addition to this is supporting young people so they have the knowledge, skills and confidence to achieve their own wellbeing and feel safe and supported in their family, school and community.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Qualifications in youth work, Social Science or equivalent skills and experience
- Good communication skills, including capacity to advocate on behalf of young people
- Experience in group work
- Organisational skills, in particular managing individual client needs
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of hearing loss, particularly in relation to young people
- Confident and able to maintain purposeful and positive relationships with young people
- Flexibility in working hours
- Auslan skills, and a knowledge of Deaf community and culture
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence
- A current Working with Children check and Police check
These are exciting opportunities for driven and enthusiastic individuals to join our organisation with a team who really cares and has a genuine interest in our clients.
If this sounds like you, please apply addressing the key selection criteria listed and send it with your resume to email@example.com or contact Russell Flynn if you have any questions on 0449 954 678. Applications close at 5pm Friday 14 September.
DCA actively encourages D/deaf and hard of hearing people to apply. View the position description here and Auslan video below.
Deaf Children Australia is a Child Safe organisation with zero tolerance of abuse and neglect of children and young people.